Enlarged pores are one of the most common aesthetic concerns among men and women of all ages. Large pores can make your skin look rough or uneven, and they can accumulate dead skin cells and oil that leads to acne. Chemical peels effectively tighten enlarged pores while addressing a wide range of other skin concerns.
*Individal Results May Vary
What are Chemical Peels?
Your skin is made up of deep layers that produce new skin cells and outer layers that act as a barrier to the environment. This protective epidermal layer is made up of dead, damaged cells that are regularly shed. Chemical peels use exfoliation to speed the removal of these outer layers, bringing healthy new cells to the surface. These treatments range from “lunchtime” peels with no downtime to more intensive peels with more dramatic results.
Can Chemical Peels Reduce My Pore Size?
Your pores may look large for several reasons. The sebaceous glands may be producing excessive amounts of oil, or the pores may be clogged with dead skin cells. Loss of firmness due to collagen loss can also make your pores look larger.
Chemical peels are an excellent solution for large pores. Your Rejuve Med Spa expert will choose a peel based on your needs. If your pores look large due to oily skin or blackheads, you may benefit from a peel that helps control oil production and removes dead skin cells. If you have issues with skin laxity, a collagen-stimulating peel can tighten the skin and shrink pores.
Request a Consultation
We’d love to help you get all the information you need in order to make the best choice for you. Request a consultation today! Our staff is available and happy to answer your every question.
What Kinds of Chemical Peels Are Available?
Rejuve Med Spa offers a variety of chemical peels, allowing us to choose the right one for you. Each peel is chosen from one of several brands of medical-grade, dermatologist-approved skincare.
- The Illuminize Peel® – a gentle, brightening option often recommended for chemical peel beginners
- The Vitalize Peel® – a popular all-purpose peel to address a wide range of skin concerns
- The Rejuvenize Peel® – the most intensive of the three, this peel addresses deeper skin issues
- Enlighten™ RX Peel – one of our favorite options for treating pigmentation issues such as melasma
- The RevePeel® – ReveSkin’s signature treatment rejuvenates your skin with a medium-strength peel
- The ReveFresh Peel – is excellent for first-time peel candidates and those with oily skin and acne
- AlphaRet Peel 30 – a powerful but no-downtime treatment for sun-damaged skin and early signs of aging
- AlphaRet Peel 50 – a more intensive peel often recommended for veterans of the previous option
- Epionce Original Peel System – highly effective for treating pigmentation and textural issues
- Lite Peel: Refresh – a lighter peel to provide your skin with a zero-downtime boost of brightness and clarity
Is There Any Downtime After Chemical Peels?
The amount of downtime after a chemical peel depends on the peel’s intensity. Light or “lunchtime” peels usually have no downtime and allow you to return to work or other activities immediately. Medium peels often result in a few days of peeling and redness. Deep peels are so intensive that they have several weeks of downtime.
Take the Next Step
Want to know more about chemical peels? Please fill out the form on this page to request an in-person consultation, and one of our knowledgeable medical staff members at Rejuve Med Spa will contact you to schedule an appointment. You can also call (972) 265-1590 to schedule your appointment.
Rejuve Med Spa serves the Addison / North Dallas & Borderline Plano areas.