Getting ready to say goodbye to the lines and wrinkles with Botox®? Our experts at Rejuve Med-Spa have the training and experience to give you the best Botox® results, and then it’s up to you to maximize your benefits with a few aftercare tips.
What is Botox® and How Does it Work?
Botox® is an injectable neurotoxin that’s one of the most popular anti-aging cosmetic treatments. People have used this convenient injectable for years to soften dynamic wrinkles like crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead wrinkles.
The active ingredient in Botox® is a neurotoxin called botulinum toxin, which blocks signals between the nerves and muscles. Botox® prevents repetitive movements to temporarily relax facial muscles and smooth out dynamic wrinkles.
What to Expect After Botox®
Our injection experts at Rejuve Med-Spa have the experience and expertise to give optimal Botox® results with minimal side effects. After your 10-30 minute injections, you can resume your day without downtime. Minor bruising and swelling at the injection site are normal and should subside within a couple of days.
Botox® Do’s and Don’ts
Though Botox® doesn’t require any recovery time, there are some steps you can take to minimize side effects and maximize your results. Here’s what you should and shouldn’t do after your Botox® injections:
- Wait at least 24 hours to exercise. Try to avoid strenuous physical activity that will raise your heart rate. Increased blood flow can cause the Botox® to spread, affecting your results, and it increases the likelihood of bruising.
- Stay upright for four hours. Don’t lie down or bend over for a few hours after Botox® since this could cause the injections to spread.
- Skip the makeup, and don’t touch your face. Pressure on your treatment area can also disperse the toxin, so you should wait to apply makeup and avoid rubbing or touching your face for at least 24 hours. Similarly, try not to put pressure on your face when you sleep for the first night.
- Avoid alcohol. We’ll ask you to skip alcohol for 24 hours before and after Botox® since it can increase your chance of bruising.
- Limit sun exposure and heat. Heat can increase your blood pressure and cause flushing, which may contribute to bruising. Avoid sun exposure, saunas, hot showers, and other hot environments for at least a day or two.
Request a Consultation
We’d love to help you get all the information you need in order to make the best choice for you. Request a consultation today! Our staff is available and happy to answer your every question.
How Long Does Botox® Last?
Patients typically see results from Botox® within two weeks. Botox® results typically last three to four months. You can have maintenance treatments as needed for ongoing benefits, and many people find that Botox® lasts longer with repeated treatments.
Am I a Good Candidate for Botox®?
Most people who want to reduce lines and wrinkles are good candidates for Botox®. Our team at Rejuve Med-Spa can help you determine if this treatment is right for you and provide optimal results. We may not recommend Botox® if you are pregnant, have a skin infection, or have certain medical conditions.
Take the Next Step
Want to know more about Botox®? Please fill out the form on this page to request an in-person consultation, and one of our knowledgeable medical staff members at Rejuve Med-Spa will contact you to schedule an appointment. You can also call (972) 265-1590 to schedule your appointment.
Rejuve Med-Spa serves the Addison / North Dallas & Borderline Plano areas.